KZNPride (NPC) are planning a week of Pride events in KwaZulu-Natal during the 13th to the 22nd of December 2019 in both Durban, Pietermaritzburg, Escort, Port Edward and Richards Bay. Pride week will consist of LGBT+ themed events that target:
- Specific groups of the LGBT community.
- The LGBT community as a whole.
- Specific inclusive events that openly include all groups of the community.
We call on the community as a whole to list their event during “Pride Week” at no cost before the end of November 2019. These events might include:
- Dining & clubbing.
- Entertainment, shows and karaoke.
- Picnic and social events. (That include surfing & camping.)
- Religious groups and events.
- Fundraising and awareness campaigns.
- Product or services launches.
THEME Theme of “Pride Week” will be based on acceptance and inclusiveness of all race, gender and age groups. During Pride Week we also encourage all organisations and establishments to display Pink and Purple ribbons and colours to show their support and inclusiveness of the LGBT community. COST There is no cost involved with the listing of events. KZNPride will not endorse any event and it will stay the responsibility of the event manager to ensure inclusiveness of the LGBT community.