Press release from KZNPride, Durban
The KZNPride is offering a great opportunity to develop one’s skills on basic lay counselling and to provide support to LGBTI people in their communities.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to develop life skills and at the same time, create safe spaces for LGBTI people in their communities. Through this course, one can establish support groups, improve the well-being of LGBTI persons, and improve one’s self-esteem.
Through the support of the National Lottery Commission, KZNPride is able to offer a short course on basic community lay counselling over the next year to 100 counsellors in different parts of KwaZulu-Natal. The following are the requirements for those interested to participate in the training:
- People with experience in the LGBT community that includes parents
- People with experience or resources in school for anti-bulling campaign
- 3 days long (must commit to completing the course)
- Only residents in the KwaZulu-Natal area
- Accommodation, travelling and training fees all covered
- First deadline is 15 August and second deadline for application is 30 November
Please complete the attached application form and attach your CV to email@example.com or call + WhatsApp: Cell. +27 640584058
KZNPride is registered as a Non-Profit Company (NPC) – registration number: 20184397750. It forms a supporting umbrella in KwaZulu-Natal to promote a totally inclusive Pride that stands against discrimination and violence towards lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex (LGBTI+) people. We seek to affirm those of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression by increasing visibility of LGBTI people within our communities, by building partnerships and collaborations that celebrate sexual diversity and gender variance.
The founding members of KZNPride are:
- Anthony Waldhausen, director of the Gay and Lesbian Network, Pietermaritzburg
- Kim Lithgow, director of Same Love Toti
- Ezra Steenkamp, businessperson from Durban
For more information on KZNPride visit our website at www.kznpride.org